My stool is black please help - Medical Pedia

FORUM Forums Abdominal Disorders My stool is black please help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar medicalguru 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    benturner1990
    Participant

Hello,
    Recently I have been passing black stool. This has terrified me a lot. I have been having bouts of sharp pain in my upper abdomen that does not rescind. The stool is usually formed and hard and there is no pain while passing the stool. Please help me with any ideas am terrified!

medicalguru

Hello, benturner1990,
    This experience can be terrifying but do not let it shock you a lot. There are various causes of black stool but the reason behind it all is bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract (Stomach and duodenum). Due to the upper GIT bleeding, the blood clots before it is passed as stool hence making the stool appear black. Possible causes might be peptic ulcers or parasitic infections causing bleeding. I suggest you visit a doctor as soon as possible to avoid the chance of having a lower blood count. Also be wary of headaches and dizziness that might be indicators of a reduction in the level of your blood.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.