Managing my ulcers - Medical Pedia

FORUM Forums Abdominal Disorders Managing my ulcers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar medicalguru 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lakstore
    Participant

Hello,
    When I was 17 years old, I started to experience intense pain especially if I failed to eat. I later visited a doctor after starting to have blood in my stool. The doctor diagnosed me with peptic ulcers and started me on a treatment regimen of antiacids and adviced me to avoid acidic products such as soda. The problem is that I experience the same symptoms when I take my salad. Can you advise why this happens? It’s really painful

medicalguru

Hello Lakstore,
    I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Peptic ulcers is a condition that usually develops because of overacidity in the stomach that starts digesting the walls of the stomach creating painful ulcers. This makes it wise to avoid acidic food products. The reason you might be having these episodes after eating your salad might be because our salad might be having fruits such as pineapples or mangoes or even vegetables such as some types of tomatoes. I would suggest you make your own salad. You can talk with the vendor at the grocery store to pick for you non-acidic fruits and vegetables. Afterall a salad is a healthy meal. All the best!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.